Thursday, September 2, 2010

Erik Talks Forever


Today's class was fun. I'm glad that I finished my presentation, and that it went by fast, at least for me. :) I felt quite confident as a result of my preparation several days ago, and I only forgot a little bit in the three days since I last looked at my presentation. I hope that each student learned and reviewed the perspectives presented in the first chapter, and can work it into their philosophy of teaching. I think that a firm understanding of the style we teach in makes us better teachers; we then know exactly how and why our students are learning the way they are. I also hope that the review of the performance skills was helpful and that we utilize multiple strategies to boost their performance. I also hope that we continue to choose RTIs that allow students to demonstrate their abilities.

Heb. 10:35 Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
(English Standard Version Bible)
http://live.e-sword.net/app/

In the spirit of the above quote, I think that my confidence was a great boon to my presentation today. The reward was the comments I received from my classmates. Thanks ladies! I wasn't particularly nervous today, but seeing your approval and understanding in your facial expressions was quite rewarding. I think the above quote must also apply to our student search, and then once we have found our student, to our abilities and the resources we use during the semester. This confidence will be invaluable.


Image Citationhttp://www.artandwork.us/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/work_promotes_confidence.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Erik,
    Your ability to keep us interested throughout the presentation is surely indication that your students are attentive in class. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik,thanks again for the presentation, it was a great review of our past classes and the facial expressions and nods of approval are in agreement with the shared knowledge...and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Erik! That was a great presentation that was straightforward but touched on all of the important points that were in the chapter. It was a big thing going first, and like Annette mentioned, setting the bar. It was a very hefty chapter, but you handled it well. Thanks for that needed clarification and for inspiring us with your CONFIDENCE. We WILL find our perfect students!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erik,
    Your presentation was really good. You sure had a lot of material to cover in a limited time, and I think you handled that well. I like the fact that you put your own personal touch to your presentation by relating topics and concepts to your teaching, your students and your personal life. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete