Thursday, September 16, 2010

Go Annette! Go Team MAGEC!

(image: http://bryanking.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/special_education1.jpg

You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. (Clay P. Bedford)



First off, I would like to congratulate Annette on a job well-done with an excellent powerpoint presentation. Chapters 6 and 7 had a wealth of information on instructional approaches and tasks and foundations of literacy. Some of this knowledge were already in our schemata, and others are now. This is great since we're going to have to equip ourselves with all the "ammo" we need in attempting to help our student progress in reading, through the Reading Clinic. As Dr. Stoicovy and Dr. Rivera, I'm sure, would point out, strategies to scaffold the development of the child's literacy are very important in promoting success.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we certainly are on our way to being extremely well-equipped (with snacks, but most importantly) strategies to help our students become couriouser and couriouser. And not only do we have the right strategies, we have the right attitude! Can't wait to see you and everyone else next week, Geri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geri, your image is so cute! and your quote is so fitting for us teachers. I'm glad we are learning the strategies that will help us with our future assignments, I can feel the excitement in your words and I know you will do great in your assessments! Don't forget to dress up next week! Smile for the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ammo comment cracked me up! It made me think of my alter-ego, Super Teacher! That's me with an ammo belt filled, not with ammo, but with chalk, extra staples, a stapler, scissors, a glue stick etc. Perhaps that will be my Halloween costume this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you again for having me in your home today. It will be good to look back on these chapters when we start our reading clinic.

    ReplyDelete