Thursday, September 16, 2010

Let's Dream Together!


Image taken from http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/168/1/c/dream_by_SuzyTheButcher.jpg   (DEVIANTART!)

The first few chapters of this book were a bit dry for me, I have to admit, but this last set was really engaging. I could really see how it translated into what I am already doing in the classroom and where I want to go.  Too, it brought back happy memories of our previous classes.  I appreciate how the authors don't just tell us that we have to use a variety of assessment tools, but provide us with some great examples and explanations of how and what to use!

Great job today, Annette!  And great job last week, Erik!  It's tough presenting to a computer screen, but thankfully you were able to recruit a live audience (and share yummy goodies).  I'm glad we get to see each other again next week--just in time for my presentation, how fortuitous! :D

While I wasn't able to find the author of this quote (mayhaps Erik can claim it), I felt it was too good to keep to myself--which I guess is kind of where I'm going with this blog.  "When you dream alone, with your eyes shut, asleep, that dream is an illusion.  But when we dream together, sharing the same dream, awake and with our eyes wide open, then that dream becomes reality!"

I think what makes this group a good one is that 1) we share the same goals for ourselves and for our students, and 2) we approach our lives and the issues therein with our eyes open.  We may be realists, but we're optimists nonetheless.  Our experiences help us realize that we are each other's best resources.    The things we learn in this class (and in any of the other great classes!) don't and shouldn't end with us.  We bring them to our students and our colleagues, and it gets paid forward, ad nauseum.  Or at least, that should be our dearest hope.  I sincerely appreciate that we all bring our positive and negative observations and that we learn from them and help shore each other up.  As great as this team of 5 (7 if you count our esteemed leaders), I hope that wherever life takes us, we can continue to help make this world a great team of roughly 6.7 billion.




4 comments:

  1. Christine,
    Love, Love your image!! and like always your blog is deep, an insight of your thoughts. My dream is to successfully get through this class, and I know with the encouragement we share, we'll reach target...so team MAGEC,let's Dream BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,
    Is there anything you can't do well?! :) Yes, you're right. We're a really good group because we all have similar goals that we are working toward. I also like the fact that we're so comfortable being around each other. It makes our challenge of completing this course a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine,
    I'd like to take this quote, but I'll leave it to whoever wrote it. Anyway, I agree, the last several chapters are a bit more concrete and tangible, and hence more accessible for our comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine,
    You write like a natural author. Great outlook on things and please continue to motivate us with your inspirational words.

    ReplyDelete