Thursday, October 14, 2010

Team MAGEC's First Session!


"You teach best what you most need to learn."--Richard David Bach
It is only when we study and learn about our students, are we able to teach them the best way we know how!

Since classes started, we all have been waiting for this day. It has finally come and I think we are all off to a great start. I am really enjoying the work and effort we are all putting into our Literacy sessions. I am looking forward to the end result! I hope my reading strategies work and see my student improve in his reading skills! I like how we were able to share after the sessions, it help to hear the others share in their experiences!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, the briefing session was a lot of help! It's going to prove invaluable as the paperwork starts piling up, I know. And your quote is such a great one, very deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mar, I agree, it helps for us to share. I particularly enjoy hearing from those with the younger students, it adds to my knowledge of how I will help a student of that age in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mar,
    Being able to share our experiences allows us to gain insight on different types of struggling readers. The end result will be worth all the patience and time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Different people, different personalities, but yet, they have two things in common: the need to develop their literacy skills and teachers who want to help them do it. Awesome way to begin their journey to success! Keep it focused, TEAM MAGEC!

    ReplyDelete