Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Little Engine that Assessed Reading Ability


"I think I can, I think I can" - The Little Engine That Could

I'm happy that this course has pushed my abilities in organization and structure, and has taught me how to assess reading ability. It's been tough keeping all of the assessments organized and the data put into tables, but I'm starting to see how my student works, and I can see how this would play out with several students if I was assessing students with literacy difficulty. I am excited to finish the report and discuss it with the parent. Doubly, I am excited to see if my recommendations for him will actually help. This will take a concerted effort from all parties, so we'll see. Anyway. That's all I have for tonight, just keep pressing on, and the rest will take care of itself.




Image Credit - https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh3r86fXKq1lJWgH1yUWZL5JtjZqmdh_PfWlIAqmnZthfHdkz4xeCpUM__NVpQx6YoCoo_8vibgI35uKVkpxbQSV_vb2nBc8I734oTfOOFCxIMrTafdVc3krUhKs2Mp5RtBlupAPgFF1j8/s1600/small_business_sector_improving.png

4 comments:

  1. Erik,
    How I envy you because I know that you're probably almost done with your case report, if not already. Looks like my weekend's shot for me. Anyway, whatever your recommendations are for your student, I'm sure they were well thought out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can! Erik, it was so great and inspiring to see you work so well with your student and push through any difficulties you had. It was also a good model for me to follow, seeing how you were able to draw conclusions from the data you collected on your student. It helped guide my thinking. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erik,
    With a variety of recommended strategies that we will suggest and apply towards are next course, it will make a difference in the reading and writing abilities of our students. Postive thinking that we can do it like the "Litte Engine that Could" will give us the encouragement that we need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erik,
    the saying goes,"We're all in the same boat!" But in your case, We're all in the same train!! The MAGEC Train! Woot!! Woot!! We're done...until the revisions come! Lol!
    I've got one more paper to do for Stoicovy's class and I'm done! Yes, we did it. Now to use those reading strategies that will help our students become better readers!! Let's go Team MAGEC! You, CJ, and I posted our wedding pix on FB...LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete