Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finally!


"There is no such thing as gratitude unexpressed.  If it is unexpressed, it is plain, old-fashioned ingratitude" (Robert Brault, from http://www.quotegarden.com/gratitude.html).

Before I left I just wanted to make sure I say, "Thank you so much everybody!"  Well, it's 12 hours until I leave.  I finished my sharing session with my student and his parent stand-in this afternoon at the lab (Thank you, Dr. Rivera for making the lab available to me before you had to rush to the SOE Convocation!).  I just focused on the highlights and kept it short and simple.  We really emphasized that he is a really bright young man that has a lot going for him: supportive family, a pre-existing love of reading, and the determination to do well.  Next semester we'll work on his recall with smaller chunks of text and focus on a lot of practice, practice, practice to help his English and schema.  Overall, we have a good plan and I think we're in a great place to start next semester.  The picture above is his homework.  He should read to his little brother and create a comic book with the kit I found.

Have a great Christmas everybody!  We deserve it!  Go Team MAGECR!

4 comments:

  1. Christine,
    I'm glad we share the same feeling of focusing on the positive aspects of our students during the interview and the great benefits the tutoring sessions for next semester will help with their reading and writing. Have a safe trip and many blessings on your special day to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine,
    Yes, Finally! Thanks for sharing your insights of both you and your student.He is lucky to have such a dedicated and caring teacher.I hope by now you have settled in from your flight and you have rested. It'll be such an exciting week for you and your love. I wish you love and blessings on your holy matrimony. I look forward to a MAGECR New Year!! I heart you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. Christine, your creativity shines above the rest of us! During today's session we were lauding your creativity. Kudos to you, your student will surely benefit from your assistance. Have fun getting ready for 644!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine,
    I think if it's any one person that I wish I could be, it'll be you. You have the "genuiness" that we all hope we have in us. Thanks for being a super role model! Have a wonderful Christmas with your loved one, and I'll see you next year.

    ReplyDelete