Wednesday, December 15, 2010

"Giving Thanks"


"So often we dwell on the things that seem impossible rather than on the things that are possible. So often we are depressed by what remains to be done and forget to be thankful for all that has been done." -Marian Wright Edelman

Our final blog for the year...until next year. We actually made it through. I recall during the first class meeting when we reviewed all the requirements for this course and the calendar of events. I remembered how my year started out hectic with work and I prayed that I could get through this semester with the amount of stress that I was encountering. However, as each month had passed, somehow I became more determined. When I stopped focusing on the negative and all the things to be done, the weight on my shoulders became lighter. There are many things that I have to be thankful for. First, praise the Lord for his blessings. Second, I am thankful for having such a positive, supportive "Team MAGECR." We went through our different levels of anxiety and stress...but we went through it together! Finally, I am thankful for family and good health. "God Bless everyone."

Image courtesy of:
http://intheknow.freedomblogging.com/files/2010/11/being_thankful.jpg/

3 comments:

  1. Whooo! Scrabble tiles! That's my favorite game. Amen to the Lord helping us in all circumstances. I was praying a lot too for all to work out this semester. He is our rock. Have fun getting ready for 644.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette,
    You never cease to amaze me! I love your image and even more your quote...I'm posting it on FB. Btw, the Christmas break will give you the opportunity to join Facebook! Dr. Rivera and all of team MAGEC except you are in...c'mon it'll be fun! Have a Great Weekend...and Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture and inspiring thoughts and words.
    You have such great work ethics, Annette. You're an inspiration to us all! Enjoy your Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete